I paid my $1.95 to upload a resume I was completing for a friend. It was my understanding that if I did not cancel after 14 days, I would be charged $9.95 per month.

Needless to say, I forgot, but wasn't too concerned paying a small amount one month thinking I would utilize it during that time. Instead, I was charged $39.80 after 14 days, in addition to a random .03 "international" transaction fee. I called to dispute the charge stating that I should only have to pay $9.95/month, and the RUDE female who answered the phone insisted that the website clearly states I would be charged $9.95 PER WEEK. I demanded a refund, and she was clearly not going to give me one, she did cancel the membership at that moment.

However, I was still charged again two days later in the amount of $1.19 for another "international" fee.

Moving forward, I am disputing all the transactions, but I will pay $9.95, because I thought that is what I signed up for and I am not looking for anything free, but the rest, dispute. I am also reporting them to the BBB of Indiana which is where they are actually based out of, not CA.

This person wrote the review because of problems with payment of resume now service from Resume Now. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $31 and wants Resume Now to issue a partial refund.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Resume Now for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

LiveCareerUS

Hi baltimore-27_9.15,

I’m very sorry that you have had this experience with our service and did not have the best customer service experience. The details of our subscription are listed on our sales page, and we also send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal.

It is $9.95/week billed every four weeks. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings.

As an international company, LiveCareer processes payments through LiveCareer UK, Ltd. with its offices in London, England.

Some banks charge an international transaction fee, even when the charge is in US dollars. These fees are charged by your bank and not LiveCareer.

Please contact me directly with the email address you used to create your account or the last 4 digits of the card that used to purchase and card holder’s name so that I can take a look at it personally and resolve this issue quickly for you.

Please email me at anna.b@livecareer-support.com

I look forward to hearing from you. Best regards, Anna Resume-Now

to Anna.B-LC #1031054

Hello Anna,

Thank you for your response. Obviously had I known I would be charged $9.95 per week every 4 weeks, I never would have agreed to those terms.

I still don't understand how I was charged so much in such a short amount of time. As I stated in my complaint, I will comply with the initial charge of $1.95 and the $9.95. I'm not disputing I would have to pay something. But $39.80?

C'mon now. That doesn't make sense. For almost $10 a week, I could use a free windows 8 resume template and get the same results. Please refund my money and I will file a retraction on this website and not persue a BBB Complaint.

I mean no harm, and will use your website in the future if rectified. I'm only asking for the difference of appx.

$30. Thank you for your time.