4.9K views

resume now .com is a ripoff said free download i spent 2 hours of my time writing a resume and at the very end these dickheads said i had to pay. is that free, stay away from them they are preying on the unemployed, it ashamed that companys like this are allowed to exist, tryiny to take advantage of unemployed people, I cant believe this, im just typing now cause this website says i haveto have 100 words min, jesus christ rules on the internet thought there werent any??????? says i need 9 more words this is silly oop two more

Review about: Resume Now Resume Writing.

Comments

After Dealing with this kind of thing, the first thing i do when trying the "FREE" resume builders is to enter a couple basic things and try to download it , or copy it, or email it to myself, and repeat the process whenever i spend more than a few minutes on any given section.

Be very cautious giving your banking information to these people. I called to cancel my account after 1 week of having the service.

The customer service employee hassled me to try it for at least the free month. Finally I agreed and called back on week 2 because I had bad vibes about the company. I was offered multiple discounts to keep the service down to an extra free month. Finally they cancelled the transaction and issued me a cancellation number.

I just reviewed my credit card statement and the day after my cancellation I was billed $19.95. When I called to complain they said you only have 14 days to cancel not 30. This company is scamming people out of mega dollars and probably hoping you won’t look at your detailed credit card statements.

I have reported the transaction to my credit card and having a new card issued to avoid any future charges. Please be careful when choosing companies that offer services for free or a $1.00 then request a bank card number to extend your subscription.

As indicated in my google search, they said that I can generate a resume for free. When this is not the case. I am quite disappointed after spending almost 3 hours generating one.

amen

I FEEL YOU MAN

The same thing happened to my daughter today. Trying to cancel my credit card with their customer service. Scary.

thanks...you just saved me a lot of wasted time

I wasted my lucjh hour and then they tried to charge me for it and said you would be billed each month for the service this is not a free resume builder and my card better not be charged

get smart people, most of your computers come with a snipping tool. use the snipping tool or create screen shots and use the paint application, all you need to do after that is change the size and print, voila :)

JPCoffey
Marietta, Georgia, United States #655383

You guys may want to check out 'JobTabs Free Resume Builder' in the Resumes section of download.com. If you read their help file, the whole reason they developed their free resume builder is because they were sick of hearing about all of the bait and switch tactics that were pervading the free resume builder space. They basically said we are going to put all of this pain and suffering to rest and provide a genuinely free resume builder.

I've tried it and it is first rate. You can save as a pdf, docx, doc, html, etc. You can print a resume as well. Could not believe it! No strings attached! :-)

to JPCoffey Buffalo, New York, United States #710174

I can't find the tab/download you're talking about. Could you post a link? Thanks!

to JPCoffey Buffalo, New York, United States #710181

nevermind. got it! thanks!!

I created a resume on 'Resume-Now.com', but before I made a committed to use their service I READ the 'Terms and Conditions'. Always read before you say I DO!

Once I discovered they doing a 'bait and Switch' game. I assumed the old adage: If it sounds too good to be TRUE/REAL it is not! They advertised their day fee was less than $3 dollars and monthly fee was less than $8 dollars.However, when I chatted with them online.I was advised I would have to pay $95.40 up front and $34 per month. I thought she might be smoke 'crack-cocaine or something, because she tried to take me to the BANK!

Take my advice: DO NOT COMMITTED TO 'Resume-Now.Com, because they will STEAL you MONEY! Keep your eyes wide opened - GENIUS! Hang-in there the under/unemployed will RISE again.

Key hope a live little buddy! Bye!

Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States #590469

I SHOULD BE OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW WHEN I SEE IT'S FREE IT'S ACTUALLY SAYING FOR A PRICE BUT ME NEEDING TO GET A GOOD RESUME THOUGHT I WOULD TRY THIS SITE SPENT OVER 2 HRS.WRITING AND TYPING ONLY TO GET TO THE END AND I HAVE TO PAY,FEELING LIKE A BIG DUMMY.WISH THESE COMPANIES WOULD AT LEAST SAY THERE WILL BE A FEE THEN WE AS CONSUMERS COULD GO SOMEWHERE ELSE BEFORE WE SIT AND WASTE ALL OUR TIME. :upset :sigh

yay, i just found that out too. i hate when companies use the word free when it's not free. like that freecreditreport.com commercial lol at the end they say real quick, "offer applies with enrollment....", hey *** that isn't free.

I had the exact same problem after I spent a significant amount of time updating my resume. I was just going to pay the $4-5 to email myself the document but when I put my debit card info in it said that my card would not allow this transaction and I should call my bank to authorize it.

Immediately I was suspicious and searched their name online.

I found a a review from someone who paid for a week and was charged a monthly fee of $35 for six months, automatic withdrawl. Obviously, they should have noticed the charge way sooner than 6 months down the road, but if you do choose to pay the five bucks, be sure to cancel before 7 days is up and save your cancellation email.

100% agree! WHAT A SCAM

Not HAPPY with Resume-now.com :(

It is a free resume builder. u build your resume for free on the site.

you can download a text version for free. if you want the good stuff like print, download in other file forms and e-mail you have to pay $5. yes it is misleading but you get exactly what u see.

if you find a free car builder, do you really think your gonna get a free car? my advise, is to get to the end and know its free before u waist your time.

itsmeholly

I used this ResumeNow, too. I made two resumes and am on day 3 now.

I haven't tried to print yet. I don't remember if I already gave themy my debit card information yet, or not. Can anyone tell me if they remember doing this first, or when they tried to print and also how much it is going to cost me. I guess I didn't read it thoroughly enoughh.

I read "free" and if you wanted themm to critique it for you, it will cost $19.99.

Maybe I will take a picture of them with my camera and scann them back in--or just retype them. Please get back to me soon!!