2.8
Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

I went online and found an advertisement for a free resume builder as I needed to turn in a resume the next day for a job posting. So, I built the resume and then couldn't print or download it until I entered my credit card and was charged a small fee.

I was uncomfortable with that but it was late and I already spent time building the resume. The site does have some very nice features and specific help that tailors skills to job titles. However, I was totally unprepared for the $34.90 charge that hit my Discover card. It turns out that this would be billed monthly until I cancelled it.

However, I never authorized or ordered this service. I created a username and password for a free resume building site. I should have realized something was wrong when I was charged the minimal fee to download the resume. So, I called the company and they are going to reverse the charges.

I am so happy that they will reverse the charges; however, it has not happened yet. It should happen within the next week, I was given a number that confirmed the charges will be reversed. I gave some feedback that if the service was not advertised as free on the search engine and the $34.90 a month charge was clearly stated and had to be paid prior to spending a lot of time building the resume, then I would have known my card is being billed. So, you are offered a trial period and supposed to cancel the service if you do not want it.

It is misleading because I had no reason to read the e-mails because I thought I was done, I had the resume. So, in my opinion, the site should give an overview of the services and build value. The company is relying on the fact that most people will not be aware that their card will be billed and may not cancel the service. Granted, I would probably not have used the service if I had to pay $34.90 upfront, so, maybe something structured like, pay $9.99 for a week, no "free trial" or "hidden automatic renewal" it was not clear that the card would be charged $34.90 and how can you cancel something that you did not order?

It would be better to charge a weekly fee up front and then not let the customer back in until they pay another fee when the time is up. That way, there are no surprises. Most people go in because they need a resume fast. They don't need the service month after month.

Maybe in a few week, they may need to go back in and modify the resume, so they can pay another fee and maybe make a second resume. More of an "On - Demand" rather than an automatic renewal that renews something that was never ordered. My problem isn't with the service, it is with how it is marketed. So, I am going to call back to suggest this idea of pay on demand, a smaller fee as needed.

I hope that I truly do get my fee back because I never signed up for auto renew if you don't cancel; I never ordered it so how can it auto renew and how can I cancel something I never ordered?

It is this part that is upsetting and doesn't feel fair.

This person wrote the review because of order processing issue at Resume Now. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $35 and wants Resume Now to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was fine print gimmicks and being scammed. Author liked the most easiness of resume building and ease of resume options. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Resume Now and resume now resume writing for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

LiveCareerUS

Dear Anonymous,

We are very sorry that you feel this way. We are committed to providing great customer service.

We take all feedback very seriously.

The free account gives you the ability to try out the Resume Builder to get a feel for how it works, and see what it has to offer before deciding to purchase. There is no cost to try it out. At this time we do offer free text (.txt) download of your resume.

But if you would like a professionally formatted version you need to subscribe. All of our subscriptions are auto-renewing. We state this on every page in the purchase process and we send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal upon purchase. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings.

A monthly subscription makes it easy for our customers to customize the resume and cover letter for each position for which they are applying, and also to avoid interruption on the service.

As one of our valued members you have access to tips, walk through and spell checks amongst others. We also offer tools that review the design and content of your resume as well as provide a series of tools like Interview Videos, Job Search and tips on every aspect of the interview process. Feel free to browse our page with a variety of templates and over 100 different examples to use. You are able to make all the resumes and cover letters you want for free, and as part of the premium membership you are also able to download, print, or email as well as share your resume in Social Media environments like Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.

To check how your resume is looking you can use our Resume Check program that searches for specific keywords that companies search for and give him some tips and suggestions!

Please contact us so we can assist you. You can send us an email to customerservice@resume-now.com or call us to our toll free line 1-888-816-0576 representatives are available Monday to Friday 9am-9pm EST; Saturday 9am to 6pm EST; Sunday 11am -7pm EST.

Additionally, you can click live help to chat with us online. Best Regards, Anna Resume-Now

simplemoon
to Anna.B-LC #1161444

If you were clear as you said why do you have 142 complains?