I used this service to help a friend create a resume quickly - she had a tight deadline and I wanted to be helpful. I registered using her name and e-mail address (so she could access the completed resume) but my credit card.

I did not realize that I was signing up for a service. Perhaps it was because I was in such a rush, or perhaps it's because I am a generally trusting person. In any case, imagine my reaction when I realized that I had been charged over $280.00 since using the "service" since November.

I called customer service and explained my situation - I'd never received an e-mail (they had my friend's e-mail address, and she'd since moved overseas for her new job) and didn't even know that I had agreed to pay a monthly fee. They said that they would "consider" a refund, and noted that I should call back in two days to follow up.

It was no surprise to me that, when I called back today, my refund request had been denied. This company obviously thrives on fraudulent practice to make money.

So, it cost me over $200 to help a friend land a job while learning to distrust any company that asks for a credit card for an otherwise "free" service.

I'm disgusted with LC Resume Now and their poor customer service and fraudulent business practices.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Feb 12, 2016.

Comments