Claims to be FREE. Ended up paying 1.95 for my resume in the end, which I was willing to part with.

Today I was charged 57.35, which I did not consent to, nor did I anticipate. I contacted them and they say Oh well, auto subscription and dollar fees (I am Canadian) and I shall cancel your auto subscription now. Waste of time and money sorting this out. In then end, I have a 60$ resume, what a waste.

Now I REALLY need a job. False advertising, auto-subscription that they do NOT inform you of at sign up, Avoid at ALL costs.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of tricking customers and complete waste of my time. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "false advertising, scam" of resume now subscription and associated monetary loss in the amount of $60. Resume Now needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned resume now subscription in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Resume Now.

Comments

Houston, Texas, United States #1204092

Resume-Now

There is NOTHING on your front page, in registering or during the process that informs anyone this is a paid service NOR that the only 'download' functionality that is free is the plain text option.

Simply put, this amounts to a bait and switch.

LiveCareerUS

I’m very sorry that you feel that way. Our free account gives you the opportunity to try out our resume builder before deciding to purchaser ability to print, email, or download your resume and cover letters are features included in our paid subscription and not listed as a feature of the free account.

However you can download a plain text version of your resume for free. We explain that the subscription is auto-renewing. The auto renewal is listed with the features of the 14 day subscription on the sales page, as well as on the payment and confirmation pages. We also send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal.

You can cancel your subscription at any time by calling. Our toll free line is 1-888-816-0576 representatives are available Monday to Friday 9am-9pm EST; Saturday 9am to 6pm EST; Sunday 11am -7pm EST. You can also cancel by logging into your account and clicking on the Name link. Then click on My Settings then Subscription and you can choose to cancel your subscription.

You can also cancel your subscription by emailing your subscription cancellation request to customerservice@livecareer.com. Once your subscription is canceled, you'll receive an email confirmation. Often auto emails can get picked up as spam or junk mail. Be sure to check your spam/junk mail folder.

Additionally, you can click live help to chat with us online to request we cancel your subscription. You can also call us if we can be of any further assistance to you. We are very committed to providing great customer service and again are very sorry that you had this experience.

We take all feedback very seriously. It will be forwarded to our Marketing team.

Best regards,

Resume Now

jenniferkdobson
to Anna.B-LC #1109513

The exact thing happened to me. You indicate above "We also send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal." FALSE!

I have no such email and YES, I checked my spam folder, it's empty. Nowhere can I find what I'd be charged, when, and what my "subscription" covers. I sent you a separate email this morning about this issue and look forward to your response. I'm disappointment that this clearly seems to be a scam.

It's a decent product, too, so the evasiveness is completely unnecessary.

Obviously, integrity and transparency are not values Resume Now embraces. Shame.