Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lc Resume Now Resume Builder Review

I only paid for a sample of 1 us dollar and now your taking 54 CADS without me buying anything
Poor customer service
I also have had this experience, however I have just discovered they have taken out another $58 odd dollars from my account

Hi we are also in Perth and have had the same thing happen, have you had any success having it cancelled or reversed?

View more comments
Resume Now Account
Pricing issue

Resume Now Service Review from Ottawa, Ontario

THEY STOLE MY MONEY!!! I built my resume and they were only asking 1$ and I just found out that they took 54.17$ ... I'm a student and have bills to pay. I WANT JUSTICE.

Dear Customer,

I’m very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. Please contact me directly with the email address you used to create your account or the last 4 digits of the card that was billed and card holder’s name so that I can take a look at it personally and resolve this issue quickly for you. Please email me at anna.b@livecareer-support.com

Problems with payment

Resume Now review in Bonita Springs, Florida: Don't Use they will get your $.

I was suckered into using Resume-Now. Don't believe the free 14 day trial. It cost... Ok I was willing to pay a small Fee to purchase for the FREE 14 day trial. But then on day 13, I went to cancel. The web site wouldn't let me cancel. So I contacted customer service via e-mail. I received a reply telling me they opened a ticket. Useless. Then my credit card was billed $39.80, ouch. According to Resume-Now the billing and cancellation occurred on the same day, convent. I contacted Resume-Now customer service, after a lengthily conversation, they refunded me $29.85. They still got some of my money. Not Free as advertised.

Very disappointed!!!!

I only used resume once and I didn't know that they are charged me for that resume.Now I was billed and charged me 35.80 four times.Please help! I want my mone back. I want my money back!

Hi Slinky,

I’m very sorry that you encountered cancellation issues online. We explain that the subscription is auto-renewing.

The details of our subscription are listed on our sales page, and we also send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal. Customers can cancel within the 14 day period if service is no longer needed. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings.

The prorated refund was given as a courtesy credit.

We take all feedback very seriously. It will be forwarded to our Marketing team.

Please contact me directly if you have any further issues. You can email me at anna.b@livecareer-support.com

Best Regards,

Anna LiveCareer

View more comments (1)
Pricing issue
Full refund

Resume Now - Subscription Review from Tampa, Florida

This company is a SCAM. They charge you $1 then come back and charge your account $39.80 every month after that even after you canceled the subscription.

Dear Customer,

I’m very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. Please contact me directly with the email address you used to create your account or the last 4 digits of the card that used to purchase and card holder’s name so that I can take a look at it personally and resolve this issue quickly for you. Please email me at anna.b@livecareer-support.com

Problems with payment
Dont be fooled. This is NOT a free service. Read all these reports. You spend several hours putting in all your information only to find out you have to PAY to print it, download it, or otherwise retrieve it. In other words you either pay or you wasted your time. I...

Dear Customer,

I’m very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. The free account gives you the ability to try out the Resume Builder to get a feel for how it works, and see what it has to offer before deciding to purchase.

There is no cost to TRY it out. At this time we do offer free text (.txt) download of your resume. But if you would like a professionally formatted version you need to subscribe.

We are very committed to providing great customer service and again are very sorry that you had this experience. We take all feedback very seriously.

It will be forwarded to our Marketing team.

Please contact me directly if you have any further issues. Please email me at anna.b@livecareer-support.com

Resume Now review: SCAM! Charged me 3 times in 3 weeks

I paid my $1.95 to upload a resume I was completing for a friend. It was my understanding that if I did not cancel after 14 days, I would be charged $9.95 per month. Needless to say, I forgot, but wasn't too concerned paying a small amount one month thinking I would utilize it during that time. Instead, I was charged $39.80 after 14 days, in addition to a random .03 "international" transaction fee. I called to dispute the charge stating that I should only have to pay $9.95/month, and the RUDE female who answered the phone insisted that the website clearly states I would be charged $9.95 PER WEEK. I demanded a refund, and she was clearly not going to give me one, she did cancel the membership at that moment. However, I was still charged again two days later in the amount of $1.19 for another "international" fee. Moving forward, I am disputing all the transactions, but I will pay $9.95, because I thought that is what I signed up for and I am not looking for anything free, but the rest, dispute. I am also reporting them to the BBB of Indiana which is where they are actually based out of, not CA.

Hi baltimore-27_9.15,

I’m very sorry that you have had this experience with our service and did not have the best customer service experience. The details of our subscription are listed on our sales page, and we also send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal.

It is $9.95/week billed every four weeks. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings.

As an international company, LiveCareer processes payments through LiveCareer UK, Ltd. with its offices in London, England.

Some banks charge an international transaction fee, even when the charge is in US dollars. These fees are charged by your bank and not LiveCareer.

Please email me at anna.b@livecareer-support.com

I look forward to hearing from you. Best regards, Anna Resume-Now

@LiveCareerUS

Hello Anna,

Thank you for your response. Obviously had I known I would be charged $9.95 per week every 4 weeks, I never would have agreed to those terms.

I still don't understand how I was charged so much in such a short amount of time. As I stated in my complaint, I will comply with the initial charge of $1.95 and the $9.95. I'm not disputing I would have to pay something. But $39.80?

C'mon now. That doesn't make sense. For almost $10 a week, I could use a free windows 8 resume template and get the same results. Please refund my money and I will file a retraction on this website and not persue a BBB Complaint.

I mean no harm, and will use your website in the future if rectified. I'm only asking for the difference of appx.

$30. Thank you for your time.

View more comments (1)
Price reduction

Resume Now review in Galveston, Texas: Well, they got my credit card information but I didn't get my resume!

I filled out my resume, decided to pay the $1.95 to print it out. Instead I get an excuse that there's something wrong with my credit card, please use another one! There's absolutely nothing wrong with my credit card. But now they have all my information!!! Got to go through the complete hassle of going to my bank, cancelling my c/c, waiting on a new one, not to mention, they now have my address, phone number, etc. Now I'm scared! Seriously, I have to enter at least 100 words??? You've got to be kidding me? Well, blah, blah blah, blah, blah.

Anna LiveCareer

Review
Cons
  • Hated it
  • Got all my personal information
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
As if my time is not valuable as it is, I wasted 3 hrs revising my resume using resume-now.com. I then wanted to pay for the trial subscription of $1.95. It kept sending me an error message? Logged on to live chat, they don't process payments! I've already been...

Dear Customer,

I’m very sorry if you experienced issues paying online and were unable to get in touch with our customer service by phone. Rest assured that this will be taken care of.

We don’t accept payments via chat for security reasons, because we don’t want credit card information saved on chat transcripts. Error in making a payment may be due to several factors, it can be browser or card issues.

Deactivated account means you will not be able to access any of your resumes, cover letters, or emails, and this action cannot be undone.

It will be forwarded to our Marketing, Technical and Product team.

Anna Resume-Now

Bad quality

Resume Now - Subscription Review from Cosby, Tennessee

This company is no better than a common thief, they pull you in with a small one time fee, and in the fine print and through back door gimmicks, stick you with a monthly subscription fee. It is a internet scam and should be shut down. They take advantage of people that are already struggling and kick then while their down.

Dear Customer,

I’m very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. We explain that the subscription is auto-renewing.

The details of our subscription are listed on our sales page, and we also send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings.

It will be forwarded to our Marketing team.

Anna Resume-Now